Exploitative tech is complex and complicated. To develop effective tools, policies, and resources that make a difference, we need to ground our work in airtight research. That’s where studies come in. When you consent to joining a study, you’re providing ethically-sourced, high-quality data to trusted sources who will amplify your contribution and maximize your impact.
This study examines Political and COVID-19 News across the web. Our goal is to understand how web users are exposed to, consume, and share these types of information, which can inform efforts to distinguish trustworthy and untrustworthy content.
Key Data Collected
- Visits, shares, and exposures to specific websites from an established list known to spread authoritative information and disinformation
- Whether you post links to these websites on social media
- Your Rally demographics and an optional short survey
- Social Media
When you participate in this study you are helping Rally discover how our community browses the internet. We will explore interesting online patterns like “doomscrolling” – the popular term for browsing outrageous or sad online news for a long period of time. Our findings will lead to new Rally features or blog posts about aggregate online behavior.
Key Data Collected
- Specific actions you take while browsing the web: loading a new URL, changing a tab, watching a video, or listening to audio (we do not collect the audio you are listening to, just that you have performed that action)
- The domains you visit as you browse the web (e.g., wikipedia.org) and the title, description, and type of page that you’re on (e.g., article, video, website)
- The time spent on each page and how far you scroll down a page
- Community Insights
- Product Discovery
In Collaboration With
We collaborate with trusted institutions that abide by our values and align with our vision for the future. All to ensure you’re putting your data in the hands of people you can trust to amplify your impact while protecting your privacy.